Granola is very easy to make, and I guarantee that your own will taste better than almost anything you can buy in even the best gourmet shops.
Why? Because you control what goes into it, and if you use high-quality nuts, seeds and oats, along with a few seasonings, the result is …well, perhaps you’ll try it and find out.
- 4 cups/400g rolled oats
- 2 cups/260g slivered almonds
- 1.5 cups/205g sunflower seeds
- 2 cups/170g unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp/5g cinnamon
- 1 tsp/7g sea salt
- ¾ cup/142g
- grape seed oil
- ½ cup/166g brown rice or maple syrup
- ¼ cup/65g maple syrup
- 2 tsp/10g almond extract
- 2 tsp/10g vanilla extract
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl add the oil, syrups, and extracts. Mix the liquids together with a wire whisk and fold into the dry ingredients. Mix well so the liquids are evenly distributed. Divide into two ½ sheet pans or baking sheets, and spread evenly.
- Bake in a 325-degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. You'll need to toss it a few times during the cooking process as the edges brown more quickly.
- Allow it to cool and then store in an airtight container. You can also add dried cranberries or dates before storing.