My intention when making this granola was to use the small quantities of seeds, nuts and oats I had in the refrigerator. It’s kind of like making a vegetable soup with what’s left in the vegetable bins. You don’t want anything to go to waste, but there’s no guarantee it will be a keeper.
Well, it turns out that this is my new FAVORITE granola. It’s packed with seeds and nuts and the hint of vanilla and almond combined with the slightly salty taste is perfect!
Eat it by the handful or for breakfast with Greek yogurt. It also makes a great topping for apple crisp.
- 1½ cups oats
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup cashews
- ½. cup almonds
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, maple syrup and extracts. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in 325-degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until golden.
- Be sure to toss the granola a few times during the cooking process so it browns evenly.