Okay, so you’ve decided to take the plunge and give this green smoothie thing a try. As greens go kale is milder in flavor, and this combination tastes fruity which might be more palatable for the beginner. The added touch of sweetness from the dates is also a plus.
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cored)
- 1 small English cucumber (ends removed)
- 1 stalk celery (ends trimmed)
- 2½ inch slices of fresh ginger
- 1 banana
- 1 mango (peeled and cut from the pit)
- ½ avocado
- 1 large leaf of kale
- 2 dates (pitted)
- 1 cup water
- Handful of ice
- Place all ingredients (I use organic fruits and vegetables) into your blender (I use the
- Toss the harder fruits and veggies in first and the greens on top, then the liquids and ice. Begin blending on low speed. As the smoothie comes together switch to high speed and
blenduntil it's smooth and creamy. About 30 seconds.