Making these is so easy and people do swoon over them. Put a bowl out at your next party and watch ‘em disappear! They’re also a great snack to have on hand for the kids. A handful of nuts will often curb a craving for something sweet.
Cashews provide us with some important minerals such as copper, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. They have a lower fat content than most other nuts and the fatty acid content are heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, similar to those found in olive oil.
They’re also a nice addition to lentil or winter squash soup.
- 16 oz, 1 lb or 454g of raw, whole cashews
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1-2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Drizzle nuts with oil, add rosemary and sea salt. Mix well, then spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast them in a 375-degree oven for about 15 minutes or until they are lightly browned. You'll need to toss them around a few times as the ones on the edges cook faster.
- Allow them to cool completely, then pack them up in an airtight container.